Pudding Experiment #11
Date: August 2014
Recipe: Gooseberry Curd (adapted from Steamy Self-Saucing Lemon Curd Puddings)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
S.P.E.'s Response: "I feel like myself again with a steamed pudding in my belly."
Recorder's Response: Very good. You could really eat a cardboard box covered in that gooseberry curd, though, and it would taste wonderful. The cake was also good, stodgy but in a nice, springy way.
Steve's Response: It's delicious. Simple and spongy.
Gooseberry Curd Puddings
- 1/2 C gooseberry curd
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 C sugar
- 50 g butter
- 6 T milk
- 1 egg
- butter for greasing ramekins
- Preheat oven to 425 F, grease sides of 4 ramekins, and spoon 2 T of curd into the bottom of each dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add butter to flour mixture and mix with fork until the butter is integrated in pea-sized chunks (like you would do for pie dough).
- Mix together milk and egg in a small bowl and add to flour mixture.
- Pour the batter over the curd in the ramekins.
- Place ramekins in oven-proof dish filled with enough water to reach half-way up the ramekins and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
|A bread pan fits two ramekins well.|